Tuesday 4 September 2012

Life is beautiful because...of house parties

A friend of mine is celebrating his 23rd birthday today and as such he is having a house party.  I have not been to a 'true' house party outside of university for years.  When I think of house parties I think of being 15/16 and doing things which seemed outrageous and 'cool' but as an adult I can see that actually everything we did was normal teenage stuff.

We listened to music a bit louder than we should (but not too loud as to make the parents who were hiding upstairs to come down).  We dancing like no one was watching, I would love to bring back that lack of self-awareness is so gorgeously teenage.  We had first kisses, sometimes memorable for the wrong reasons.  People starting going out and people had horrendously public breakups.  We tried alcohol though there was never enough for people to be any more than tipsy.  Yet the thing I remember most was the fun I had with my friends, laughing and being generally silly.

I hope tonight is like that.

What is making you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment