Tuesday 18 September 2012

Life is beautiful because...of first days

There is something simultaneously both exciting and terrifying about first days.  Today was my first day at my new university and I spent most of the 2 hour bus journey there worrying about things.  Did I have everything I needed?  Did I look ok?  Did I remember to lock the front door?  Will the other students be friendly?

As horrible as it is to spend time worrying it just made me that much happier when I realized that everything was ok and that I had the answers to those questions that were bothering me.

Did I have everything I needed?
Yes and more.  (sunglasses and umbrella anyone?)

 Did I look ok?
I looked fine, not amazing, but that isn't really what university is about anyway.

Did I remember to lock the front door?
Yes, thankfully.  I never usually worry about this but yet today of all days it popped into my head - typical.

 Will the other students be friendly?
Of course they were.  I went and had lunch with four other students and they were all really lovely.  One girl in particular I really clicked with and we spent a lot of time giggling in between lectures.

In a nut shell that is why I love first days so much.  That moment when the worry gives way and you realize you are at the beginning of a really exciting time in your life.  There isn't much else that gives you that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment