Thursday 6 September 2012

Life is beautiful because of... spaghetti

I have a confession.  I love pasta.  Lasagna, tortellini, spirals, bows, penne.  Once I even made my own ravioli from scratch (including the pasta - no mean feat without a pasta maker).  It tasted delicious but my sister did complain that there wasn't more of it, causing me to grump that my work was unappreciated.  Spinach and ricotta cannelloni is on of my favourite dishes of all time and my friends always know that if it is on the menu I won't go for anything else.

However there is a simple pleasure that can be found in a bowl of spaghetti bolognese.  I don't know what it is about it.  It might be the unladylike slurping of strands of spaghetti.  it may be that it reminds me of lady and the tramp, which is sure to make me smile.  I mean come on, they're dogs.  Sharing pasta.  Plus he lets her have the last meatball...even better than the last rolo me thinks.  It could be the fun I have twirling spaghetti on my fork.  It might even be the fact that it can be cooked so fast and yet tastes so good.  To be honest I don't know what it is but I know it fills my belly and makes me happy so its a winner in my eyes.

Does spaghetti have this effect on anyone else?

What has been making you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment