Monday 15 July 2013

Selfridges Haul - Exclusives and Limited Editions

So I've been a bit naughty.  I may have stumbled across some limited edition items on Selfridges.com and then some wonderful yellow boxes may have appeared at my house.  Tut tut.


Such beautiful packages.  Warning: everything I bought is limited edition and exclusive to Selfridges so credit cards at the ready if you want to get your beauty obsessed hands on these gems.

Here they are...


First of all I got the limited edition candle for Bourjois' 150th anniversary.  I remember being obsessed with the round pot eye shadows during my teens, I thought they were the height of sophistication.  


This little candle comes in a ceramic/glass holder and has a picture of the iconic Babette (The original Bourjois muse from the 20's).  This thing smells amazing just like their blushes and also exactly like parma violets.  I have spent a strange amount of time sniffing it, though I have yet to light it.  I plan on using the holder a way of storage cotton buds or some such beauty item.  If I''m honest I bought it more for that than for its candle properties.  This was £9.99 and can be found here.  


The next item I bought was the Kissing Make-up bag designed by Charlotte Tilbury.  I love all of the famous lips that adorn one side and the phrase on the other side makes me giggle every time I read it.  


If I'm honest I have no need for another make-up bag but I fell in love with it.  Plus it was designed for the charity Kids Company, so really I didn't have a choice.  Right?   It has a zip that comes a long way around so it can be opened up really wide which is so handy when sods law strikes and the thing you want is waaaayyyyyy at the bottom of your bag.  This cost just £15.00 (for a good cause) and can be found here


The last item I ordered was the Selfridges Festival Beauty Box.  This little baby is full of lots of goodies to see you through the collision of music and mud that is the festival season.  The retail price of all the beauty items in this box is £110 but Selfridges is treating us to the whole lot for only £25 and you can find it here.  After weighing up what I was and wasn't interested in I decided the numbers were on my side and that this was a bit of a bargain.  In this lovely yellow box there is: Topshop lip crayon in Powder Room, Sol de Janeiro Coconut Water Cooling Mist, Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Navy, Coloursmash Hair Shadow, Violent Lips Lip Appliques in Warm Rainbow, Illamasqua Liquid Metal metallic cream, Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing Moxie lip gloss, Azature nail polish in Champagne, Cowshed anti-bacterial hand gel, NPW mini scented hand & face wet wipes and a NPW chubby glitter stick.  I will be doing a full post on this box soon and will be give you my first opinions on each product.

So that's my little haul.  I can honestly say I love everything I bought.  It came to about £55 with postage and packing and came ridiculously quickly.  I couldn't be more impressed by my first online Selfridges shopping experience.

Have you bought any of these things?  What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment