Tuesday 22 January 2013

NOTD - Powder Puff and Showgirl Chic

The weather here in England has been terrible for the past week.  Lots of snow and not much leaving the house.  I did brave it yesterday and am proud to say that I stayed on my feat the whole time. There isn't much snow around anymore, it's all starting to melt so in honour of the chilly weather I have given myself an icy manicure.


I started off with a base coat of Sally Hansen's Nail Quencher (essential for keeping my nails fitting fit).  Then I added Revlon's Powder Puff which is one of their Matte Suede shades, and a nail polish that I was lucky enough to find in the haven of bargains that is Poundland.


This is one of my favourite whites, it has a really lovely blue shimmer running through it which makes it a bit special.  Also because it is matte it dries pretty fast which is lucky seeing as I had to do three coats to get it as opaque as I wanted.  I normally find Revlon polishes to be one-coaters but the they couldn't escape the curse of the white polish.  One day I vow to find the perfect white nail polish (comment if you have any suggestions).


Next up was a recent purchase Sally Hansen's Gem Crush in Showgirl Chic (I think this is a dupe for a China Glaze Polish - Comparison coming soon).  This is a beautiful silver and blue glitter, The silver is very small and the blue comes in small hexagons.  It is the perfect sort of polish for this weather.  I didn't want a full set of glitter fingers, mainly because it is such a pain to remove glitter polish, so I decided to do a glitter gradient instead.  I wanted it to look like icicles so I did one coat pulling the polish down about two thirds of my nail in vague triangles.  Next I put another coat on the top third and finished it off with a coat of Sally Hansen's Maximum Growth Top Coat (one of my favourites).


I am really happy with how it turned out, now whilst the snowmen are melting outside the frost can survive on my nails.

Have you been rocking wintery nails this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment